- Vincent N A (ed) (2013) Neuroscience and Legal Responsibility, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA. ISBN 978-01-999-2560-5.
- Vincent N A, I van de Poel & J van den Hoven (eds) (2011) Moral Responsibility: beyond free will & determinism, Dordrecht, NL, Springer. In Springer’s series “Library of Ethics and Applied Philosophy”. ISBN 978-94-007-1877-7.
Scholarly Book Chapters
- Vincent N.A and Jane, E.A. (forthcoming) Parental Responsibility and Gene Editing, in Erik Parens and Josephine Johnston (eds) Human Flourishing in an Age of Gene Editing, OUP. ABSTRACT
- Vincent N.A and Jane, E.A. (2018) Cognitive Enhancement: A Social Experiment With Technology, in Ibo van de Poel, Lotte Asveld, and Donna C. Mehos (eds) New Perspectives on Technology in Society: Experimentation beyond the laboratory, Routledge, pp. 125-148. ABSTRACT
- Vincent N.A (forthcoming) Why Capacity Matters: Is it fair to treat people like that, like that, for that?, in Michael Sevel and Allan McCay (eds) Free Will and the Law: New Perspectives, Ashgate. ABSTRACT
- Vincent, N A (2017), Victims of cybercrime: Definitions and challenges, in E Martellozzo and E.A. Jane (eds), Cybercrime and its Victims: An International Perspective. Routledge, Oxon, UK, pp 27-42. ABSTRACT
- Vincent, N. A & Jane, E. A. (2017), Beyond law: Protecting victims through engineering and design, in E Martellozzo and E A Jane (eds), Cybercrime and its Victims: An International Perspective, Routledge, Oxon, UK, pp 209-223. ABSTRACT
- Santoni de Sio F, Faulmüller N, Savulescu J, and Vincent N.A (2016) Why less praise for enhanced performance? Moving beyond responsibility-shifting, authenticity, and cheating to a nature of activities approach, in F. Jotterand and V. Dubljević (eds), Cognitive Enhancement: Ethical and Policy Implications in International Perspectives, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, pp. 27-41.
- Vincent N A (2015) Assessment and Modification of Free Will via Scientific Techniques: Two Challenges, in W Glannon (ed) Free Will and the Brain: Neuroscientific, Philosophical, and Legal Perspectives, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, pp 168-187.
- Kennett J, Vincent N A & Snoek A (2015) Drug Addiction and Criminal Responsibility, in N Levy & J Clausen (eds) Handbook on Neuroethics, Springer, The Netherlands, pp 1065-1083.
- Vincent N A (2013) Enhancing Responsibility, in N A Vincent (ed) Neuroscience and Legal Responsibility, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, pp 305-333. ISBN 978-01-999-2560-5.
- Vincent N A (2013) Law and Neuroscience: Historical Context, in N A Vincent (ed) Neuroscience and Legal Responsibility, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, pp 1-24. ISBN 978-01-999-2560-5.
- Vincent N A (2011) A Structured Taxonomy of Responsibility Concepts, in N Vincent, I van de Poel & J van den Hoven (eds) Moral Responsibility: beyond free will & determinism, Springer, pp 15-35. DOI: 10.1007/978-94-007-1878-4_2.
- Vincent N A & van de Poel, I (2011) Introduction, in N Vincent, I van de Poel & J van den Hoven (eds) Moral Responsibility: beyond free will & determinism, Springer, pp 1-13. DOI: 10.1007/978-94-007-1878-4_1.
- Vincent N A (2011) The Challenges Posed to Private Law by Emerging Cognitive Enhancement Technologies, in S Muller, S Zouridis, M Frishman and L Kistemaker (eds) The Law of the Future and The Future of Law, Torkel Opsahl Academic EPublisher, Oslo, pp 511-21.
- Vincent N A (2011) Madness, Badness, and Neuroimaging-Based Responsibility Assessments, in M Freeman (ed) Law and Neuroscience, Current Legal Issues (Vol 13), OUP, pp 79-95.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Hare S M and Vincent N A (2016) Happiness, Cerebroscopes and Incorrigibility: Prospects for Neuroeudaimonia, Neuroethics, 9(1):69-84. DOI: 10.1007/s12152-016-9254-y
- Santoni de Sio F, Faulmüller N and Vincent N A (2014) How cognitive enhancement can change our duties, Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience, 8:131. DOI: 10.3389/fnsys.2014.00131
- Santoni de Sio F, Robichaud P & Vincent N A (2014) Who should enhance? Conceptual and normative dimensions of cognitive enhancement, Humana.Mente: Journal of Philosophical Studies, 26:179-97.
- Vincent N A (2014) Restoring Responsibility: promoting justice, therapy and reform through direct brain interventions, Criminal Law and Philosophy, 8(1):21-42. (published online in 2012)
- Vincent N A (2014) Neurolaw and Direct Brain Interventions, Criminal Law and Philosophy, 8(1):43-50. (published online in 2012)
- Santoni de Sio F & Vincent N A (2013) Rationality + Consciousness = Free Will by David Hodgson, Criminal Law and Philosophy. DOI: 10.1007/s11572-013-9282-1
- Vincent N A (2013) A Compatibilist Theory of Legal Responsibility, Criminal Law and Philosophy. DOI: 10.1007/s11572-013-9249-2
- Vincent N A (2013) Blame, Desert and Compatibilist Capacity: a diachronic account of moderateness in regards to reasons-responsiveness, Philosophical Explorations, 16(2):178-194. DOI: 10.1080/13869795.2013.787443
- Vincent N A (2013) Strafrechtelijke verantwoordelijkheid en de neurowetenschappen (Criminal responsibility and neuroscience), Justitiële Verkenningen (Judicial Explorations journal), Research Centre of the Dutch Ministry of Security & Justice (WODC), 39(1):65-77.
- Vincent N A (2012) The Importance of Monitoring in the Adoption of More Liberal Drug Policies, AJOB Neuroscience, 3(2):30-1.
- Vincent N A (2011) Legal responsibility adjudication and the normative authority of the mind sciences, Philosophical Explorations, 14(3):315-31.
- Vincent N A, P Haselager & G-J Lokhorst (2011) The Neuroscience of Responsibility — Workshop Report, Neuroethics, 4(2):175-8. Published online 16 June 2010. DOI: 10.1007/s12152-010-9078-0.
- Vincent N A (2011) Neuroimaging and Responsibility Assessments, Neuroethics, 4(1):35-49. Published online 21 January 2009. DOI: 10.1007/s12152-008-9030-8.
- Vincent N A (2010) On the Relevance of Neuroscience to Criminal Responsibility, Criminal Law and Philosophy, 4(1):77-98. Published online 26 November 2009. DOI: 10.1007/s11572-009-9087-4.
- Vincent N A (2009) What do you mean I should take responsibility for my own ill health?, Journal of Applied Ethics and Philosophy, 1:39-51.
- Vincent N A (2009) Responsibility: distinguishing virtue from capacity, Polish Journal of Philosophy, 3(1):111-26.
- Vincent N A (2008) Responsibility, dysfunction and capacity, Neuroethics, 1(3):199-204. Published online 4 September 2008. DOI: 10.1007/s12152-008-9022-8.
- Vincent N A (2008) Book Review of Torts, Egalitarianism & Distributive Justice by Tsachi Keren-Paz, Australian Journal of Legal Philosophy, 33:199-204.
- Vincent N A (2006) Equality, Responsibility and Talent Slavery, Imprints, 9(2):118-39.
- Vincent N A (2005) Compensation for Mere Exposure to Risk, Australian Journal of Legal Philosophy, 29:89-101.
- Vincent N A (2001) What is at Stake in Taking Responsibility? Lessons from Third-party Property Insurance, Business & Professional Ethics Journal, 20(1):75-94.
- Jane, E. A. & Vincent, N. A (2016) Random Rape Threat Generator, 28 December, available at: http://www.rapeglish.com and http://www.rapethreatgenerator.com.
Refereed Conference Proceedings (full papers)
- Vincent N A (2011) Capacitarianism, responsibility and restored mental capacities, Proceedings of the conference Technologies on the stand: Legal and ethical questions in neuroscience and robotics, Wolf Legal Publishers, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, pp 41-62. April 2011, Tilburg University, The Netherlands.
- Vincent N A (2008) Taking Responsibility for Voluntary Disadvantages, Proceedings of the Third International Applied Ethics Conference in Sapporo, pp 297-312. November 2008, Hokkaido University, Japan.
- Aharoni E & Vincent N A (2016) Psychopathic Brains on Trial, Emotion Researcher, October 2016.
- Vincent N A, W Hall & J Kennett (2011) Report on Neurolaw in Australia workshop, hosted at Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia on 14-15 July 2011, co-funded by the Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia.